Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

I have so much to document for Christmas.  I was really going to stay on top of my blogging this month but SOME promises were made to be broken. OOPS.  This month started out so busy.  I think the first week we had something every night on top of battling the stomach bug. YUCK! 

With hopes that the tree would be up the first week there just wasn't time so we finally got it up and decorated the second week.  The kids were really hoping for a REAL tree with our traditional decor but that wasn't looking likely.  So I pulled out the wonderful pre lit tree, my favorite, and my Twelve Timbers ornaments.  After a few moans from the kids they eventually warmed up to the idea.

100_0740 100_0743

                         100_0742 

With Christmas sneaking up on us, it was now time to see Santa.  Cam offered to come home at lunch and watch Shane so I could take the three older kids but I could not let his first Christmas go by without a pic with Santa.  So we braved the storm and wrapped Shane up and took him out of the blanket long enough to snap a picture.

100_0751 100_0750

100_0752 100_0753

Christmas came, ready or not, and we got a lot of fun things.  I recall the kids saying several times. "This is the best Christmas so far"  Words I love to hear.

                100_0821

                          The reaction of getting a Wii.

100_0813 100_0816

                     Shane got a Bumbo. (First time sitting in it)

100_0805 100_0804

                                 100_0803

                    Some of the other fun stuff the kids got.

We had a wonderful Christmas and we hope you all had a great one too.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

3 comments:

Candy McCall said...

I love the Santa Pics.
Also Shawn with the Wii -- YES!!!
Miss you guys already
We love you.

Unknown said...

I love December! Looks like you had a great month. Are you loving the bumbo seat? We haven't got one yet. I can't decide.
We got a Wii for Christmas too, and our picture of excitement is similar to yours. The kids have loved it, and Aaron and I have had fun with it too. So sore today!
I think the correction in the newspaper worked out pretty good. Most people have said the same thing as you....they saw the correction before the even saw the picture, so it all worked out ok.
Glad you had a great holiday!

Cherish Cowley said...

I was so glad to get to visit a minute with you the other night. We will have to do that more:). I have a blog, but it is private. Send me your email and I will add you. ctcowley2@hotmail.com.